Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Split: Page to Stage

Just yesterday I received my copies of Split from Theatrefolk. It's always exciting to see what I've worked so hard on finally appear in print! It's amazing that what started as just a few scribbles on a page is now a play that will hopefully produced for years to come. It went from this...


To this...


There was a time when all I dreamed about was having a play published. Now I have over 40 plays in print, but it never stops being a thrill. It's totally awesome for me to look at my notes and the final script side by side. They are visual proof that anything is possible if you dream long enough, hard enough and big enough.


When I finished writing this play, I found myself missing the characters in way I never had before. They had become such an important part of my life while I was working on it that I had a hard time letting go of them. It's cliche, but writing a play is like giving birth to a baby. But now that the play is available, I know that teenagers the world over will breathe new life into the characters I created. They will continue to live, continue to grow and continue to learn. I couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!