Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014 Region 1 SDA Festival

The 2014 Region 1 Saskatchewan Drama Association one-act play festival kicks off tonight in Carlyle at 7:00pm! I'm so excited to be there to cheer on the students from all 9 productions. Here is a schedule of all the plays:

THURSDAY, APRIL 10, 7:00PM
HOW TO KISS A GIRL - Oxbow
27 REASONS NOT TO BE IN A PLAY - Moosomin

FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 1:00PM
DOG FLEET - Oxbow
SMARTY PANTS - Carlyle

FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 7:00PM
SELFIE - Carlyle
MISS BETH - Redvers
THE MOUSTACHE - Lampman

SATURDAY, APRIL 12, 1:00PM
TEACHERS ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN - Arcola
HAIRBALL - Lampman

Both plays from Carlyle (Selfie and Smarty Pants) and the one from Arcola (Teachers on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown) were written by me, so while I love seeing plays by any playwright and by any school, it's definitely extra exciting to see one's own work come to life. I can't wait to see how they play before a large audience!

I'll be blogging about each play as the festival moves forward, so check back here and on Twitter @haywardplays for updates. And if you're in attendance, I sure hope you'l come find me to say hello. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!