Thursday, September 08, 2011

Lip Service

I have a new comedy called Lip Service that I'm very excited about! It's a screwball comedy, which is far and away my favorite film genre. I'd be hard pressed to come up with movies I enjoy more than Bringing Up Baby, The Palm Beach Story, What's Up Doc? and Easy Living. I always wondered if the wacky situations and zippy dialogue (trademarks of a screwball comedy) would translate onstage, so I decided it was time to take a crack at it. While it's nowhere near as great as the dazzling Preston Sturges and Howard Hawks comedies, I am very happy with how it turned out. As I watched the pages spool out of the printer, I couldn't wait to put them into the hands of an actor. It has yet to be produced, but it's being considered by a number of schools as we speak. In the meantime, I fiddled around with an online animation program and put together a sneak peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!