Thursday, June 07, 2012

Loons

Tonight my play Loons has its world premiere at Lakeshore Players in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. The play is part of the 8th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival, which has become one of the most highly regarded festivals of its kind. This year over 350 entries were received and 10 winners were selected for production. I am honored to have been included in this wonderful event, especially given the terrific company of playwrights, actors, and directors that complete the bill.

Loons is a dramatic play about an elderly couple who waits at the end of a long wooden dock for the loons to greet them for another summer at the lake. It's a very special play to me because the characters of George and Edna were fashioned on two people who had an enormous influence on my life.

Linda Wolf (as Edna) and Jim Westcott (as George). Directed by Doug Dally.

I wish that I was able to be there for this production, especially since I've heard from a reliable source that the director and cast have done such a beautiful job bringing the material to life. Unfortunately I was unable to make the trip, but I will certainly be there in spirit. And knowing that the two people who inspired the play will be introduced to an audience of strangers is just about the greatest gift I've been given all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!