Saturday, April 13, 2013

SDA Region 11: Awards

It's hard to believe the SDA Region 11 Festival has drawn to a close. The awards have been handed out and bus loads of students are riding home as I type this, certainly with plenty to talk about on the way.

Best Overall Production went to Carlton Comprehensive for their production of Green Man. Runner-Up to Best Overall Production went to Walter Murray Collegiate for Cut. Both of these productions were terrific, so I'm not at all surprised by this outcome. Congratulations to both schools for a job well done!

Green Man arrived with a huge trailer for their enormous set, but will have to rent second one to transport home all of the other hardware they won in the technical categories. Holy cow, I don't think I've ever seen a production take home so many awards, in every category. Well done...and certainly well earned!

Clavet High School also came home with a number of awards for their production of I Don't Want to Talk About It. The Runner-Up to the Mary Ellen Burgess Award (for best actor or actress) went to Bailey Royer, Maia Stempien won 1 of 4 acting medals, Adam Tweidt and Tyson Brown won technical certificates of merit, and Brayden Bentley took home the Spirit of Festival Award (and after hearing his infectious laughter, it's easy to see why!). Congratulations to everyone from Clavet for doing my work justice and having such a huge impact on the audience. I know I heard many people say just how much their production moved them.

Well, that's it folks! Until next year, the curtain is closed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!