Friday, April 24, 2009

Brooklyn Publishers

Brooklyn Publishers currently carries the rights to six of my plays: Conversation Therapy, One Foot Over a Banana Peel, Backstage Broadway, The Most Likely Pages, With This Ring and The Wedding Downpour.

Conversation Therapy is among my most produced plays, so it's needless to say that I am very
happy with the exposure I have received from this great company. What shocks me is how few people are aware of Brooklyn Publishers in Canada. They, too, have a wonderfully accessible website with free previews of any play. They also provide the ease of online ordering.

One thing that sets Brooklyn Publishers apart from other companies is their enormous selection of Ten Minute Plays. What was once a blip in the theater world has now become a phenomenon. Ten minute plays are taking over high school theater festivals, and for good reason. I believe it is much more rewarding to make a short play the very best it can possibly be, rather than spread your actors thin over a much longer piece. An evening of short plays also affords many schools the ability to use a much larger number of students. An evening of 10 ten minute plays can include upwards of 30 students, and audiences love the variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!