Saturday, May 16, 2009

Laughing Stock

I just posted a new one-act comedy to my website, Laughing Stock. I am particularly proud of this play and invite you to read a bit of it at my website.

SYNOPSIS: Michael thinks his life is boring. He stands onstage, wondering why the audience has paid to hear about his tedious existence. With the help of a madcap playwright, his life story is suddenly populated with exaggerated stock characters of every sort. One by one, the humdrum people in his life are replaced by pirates and princes, gunslingers and psychics, clowns and rappers. There’s even a Greek chorus along for the ride. As his story unfolds, Michael begins to realize his life is only as dull as he allows it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!