Saturday, May 09, 2009

SDA Festival: Day 3

As I write this, I am waiting for rehearsal space in the theater. Since we changed an enormous amount of Table Talk yesterday, I did not want to overwhelm Danny with a ton of work. So I asked him to re-write the first few pages and told him that's what will be presented before the awards ceremony. Unfortunately, he had to be out of town today, but his classmates are so dedicated to making Danny proud that I know it will go off without a hitch. If only we could get on the stage...

Also, the final two shows of the festival were presented this afternoon. First up was Cagebirds by David Campton. To be honest, this has never been one of my favorite plays. However, that should never be held against the students in a competition setting. So it speaks volumes for the inventiveness of this production that I actually enjoyed myself. Very nicely conceived and executed.

The last play in competition was The Fourth by James Ostime. I quite enjoyed this breezy little comedy. The lead actress really held her weight and made it a success. I also enjoyed the creative set design it employed. They built an entire room out of milk crates and it looked really nice.

So who will win? That's tough to say. I definitely have my personal favorites, but the winner comes down the opinion of one person. Were I the judge, the winner would be a toss up between Flaky Lips, Romeo Revised, and Conflict. But everyone seems to be buzzing about A Thousand Cranes, so it's anyone's guess.

Oh good, it looks like we get the stage now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!