Sunday, May 10, 2009

SDA Festival: Day 3 (Pt 2)

The reading of Table Talk went off without a hitch! The students from Lumsden High should be very proud of themselves. As much as they may have learned from me, I learned sooooo much from them as well. It was creatively stimulating to be in the room with so many young minds buzzing with ideas. I hope to have the opportunity to do this again next year because I truly had a blast and was honored to do it. Hmmm...maybe I should do this all the time. We'll see what happens!

And if you're following the festival drama, you probably want to know how it all turned out. 11 plays in 3 days is a lot to take in, but well worth it. Anyway, I should arrange to have coffee with the adjudicator because her favorites lined up with my own. Of course, at this level of competition there are no winners or losers; all the groups should be proud to have been a part of a great weekend of theater. Best Play was awarded to Romeo Revised by Wilkie High School and runner-up was given to Conflict by Lampman High School. Oddly enough, both were written by Wade Bradford! I told you his plays were awesome, didn't I? :-)

So congrats to everyone involved! I hope to be back again next year, and maybe have a play or two of my own in the running...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or ask a question. I love questions!